Sunday, February 26, 2006

Psalm 25:20

My parents moved out of our house on Saturday. I drove over to help pack (although I figured out I was more of a help staying out of their way) and then to drive them to the “city”. I was rather down when we left, and I was driving by myself, so I had the windows rolled down and the music up loud the whole way there (it took at least three hours, I was behind the moving truck which can only go so fast..). I was singing (and had to remember not to close my eyes) and probably looked really funny.. entertainment for the other drivers right? I’m still trying not to think about not having a home in the “town” anymore, I think I’ll be avoiding the “town” now that my family’s not there. It’s not a happy place for me. I live here and find myself forgetting anything that happened before this year, for lots of reasons. I don’t see many of my friends from high school any more, and I’ve changed a lot. I used to be quiet; not really sure what happened lol. And I’m not completely sure yet whether I am liking the person I’m becoming. Maybe I’m just not used to it, it was probably safer and more comfortable. I’m still very quiet in groups of people, but not so much with the people I know. Hmm. Well I could stand for some improvements, that’s for sure. I won’t list them off though lol. Don’t worry. Anyways, I usually try to avoid these kind of blogs… but this is what’s been on my mind lately. This and whether I’ll be here next year. A change of place is always appealing, at least to me it has been for a long time now. I kind of got away this year, but I don’t know if it was far enough. In fact, I would leave right now if I could. I went into this in my last blog though I think. Changing the subject….. Isn’t it amazing how much cultures vary just within one state? In the city my parents are now the people and styles seem completely different to me. Here, it seems laid back. All of the outward things you see seem to suggest a very laid back, hippi-ish lol culture. Their opinions and world views are anything but that though. Though they claim to be very “tolerant”, they’re really not. They are very far left people who will not accept anyone who doesn’t agree with them. Sometimes I walk around thinking, if they only knew what I’m thinking and what I believe they would all curse me haha. The opposite is true of the culture where my parents are. Maybe it’s just me though. Well I’m not sure what I was getting at here, but there you have it. I’m hoping my writing will get better as I continue (you’re probably hoping the same lol). Well, I’m off to study for a new testament exam :P. 20Keep watch over me and keep me out of trouble; Don’t let me down when I run to you. 21Use all your skill to put me together; I wait to see your finished product. ~Psalm 25:20-21~

No comments: