Wednesday, February 14, 2007

oh the days go by

It is so amazing how clean my house gets when I have homework to do. Every time.. My car got clean too! incredible, what I won't do to avoid writing a paper. Don't worry though, I'm almost done with it and it's not due til tomorrow. That, my friends, is what I like to call a miracle.

The snow was coming down yesterday. I went to class in the morning and it was pretty nice out. About an hour later at work I looked out the window and it was all white. That's Flagstaff for ya. It was gorgeous though. Big, big fluffy white flakes. it's pretty in the day, but it's beautiful at night. I played Christmas music and lit the christmasy smelling candles and sat on my couch thinking about christmas past. Michael W. Smith's christmas music is some of the happiest music I know of. Mmm I love it!

It's exciting, you know, to hear about what God is doing in different places. It's so uplifting to hear stories.. incredible stories of love shared, dances being danced..

Recently I've heard people talking a lot about the Year of Jubilee. Wouldn't it be amazing if we experienced a Year of Jubilee? A year of sharing, not necessarily even our material possessions. That would be nice, but it's not most important. Just sharing joy, the hope we share. The year of Jubilee was practiced by the Jewish people. Every 7 years they would let the land rest and split it back into equal shares among the tribes. Debts were forgiven (debts were forgiven!) and it was a year of jubilee! Self-explanatory.

Well, it's something to think about anyways. Or to dream about. Heck, we could do it while we're at it ;).

No comments: