Friday, May 02, 2008

TIME

Are you ready for the torrent of posts that I've ben holding back for however long it's been?

I was reading the list of TIME's 100 most influential/powerful people this morning. I have to say, it makes me excited to think how brilliant and passionate some people are on this earth. I finally finished Atlas Shrugged, and though I disagree with the egotism aspect of Rand's philosophy (which is about 75 % of it...) I do think that there is a lot to be said for people who are dedicated to excellence in what they do. There are many people who pursue what is right, new ideas, new solutions in daring ways. I really admire that. I admire people who have the courage to pursue their calling and gifts.

George Bush made it on the list, by the way. Despite the fact that it's TIME. I would like to see FOX news make a top 100 list and then compare the two. That, would be interesting.

This on NPR, apparently the increase in corn farming is in a large part responsible for pricier groceries. The corn is for fuel... You just can't win.

All right, into the office I go.... Peace.

No comments: