Wednesday, June 21, 2006

summer is here

It's the first day of summer today! It felt like it too; those in Phoenix may scoff, but it was HOT here today. It was, and I think it's because the elevation here is higher and the sun is more intense, but it was hot.. don't laugh..

The first day of summer.. another season is upon us. Truth be told, I'm looking forward to the fall. That is my favorite season, but summer is wonderful of course. The fire season is terrible already, there are 3 fires that I know of around Flag right now. They are closing the forests and lakes and trails and even some of the national monuments (of course not the Grand Canyon, that would be unthinkable). No more hiking, camping, etc. We are all in mourning. *moment of silence*

I was able to finish studying early tonight, so I now I'm relaxing and watching Pride and Prejudice for the bazillionth time. I'm trying to figure out why I like it so much. Aside from the music and scenery and quirky characters, it's rather a slow paced and relatively uneventful movie about a family.. well, I couldn't tell you why it's so good, it just is.

Well I guess I'm not in much of a writing mood, so that's all for tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come down for a visit so you can have some air conditioning......and food...