Friday, November 24, 2006

Christmas is here! Christmas is here!

Christmastime! What a nice word.. hmm.. doesn't it just make you want to snuggle up on a couch with some hot chocolate and watch snow falling down... or listen to christmas music and decorate with bright colorful things... or enjoy wonderful christmassy traditions with family! I get to do that tomorrow!!

Tomorrow is our christmas tree decorating day. That is my favorite thing to do with my family. We have snacks we eat every year, and our special christmas punch ;)... and we each have a little box of ornaments we get each year. Some are old handmade ones, some are gifts from different people, most are from my mom who gives us one each year. We also hve a couple boxes of different ornaments we all put on, lots of memories.. Reminiscing to christmas music and the dusty white cookies that only Emma eats lol.

We even get a real tree again this year. We had to get a fake one wen we had a wood stove because we like to have it up for quite a while, and the fire would dry it out too quickly.

I remember a cartoon we watched with the disney characters, and part of it was the chipmunks causing mischief. They were living in the christmas tree, and it was so beautiful in there, I always wished I were small enough to fit in the branches... hehe.. like the borrowers.

Well, I have to go. We're going to watch a christmas movie, and drink something warmish, and eat gingerbread cookies!

Hello Christmas, I've been waiting for you....

No comments: