Thursday, January 18, 2007

stuff

Well, it seems like it's been a while since my last post. I've started classes since then. The weather has been frigid to say the least. Someone told me this morning that it's actually warmer in Alaska right now. Isn't it sad when you wish for 30 degree weather? It is when you live in Arizona. It has been below 0 in the mornings.. brrr!

Hey mom, here's that site I told you about for the Simpe Way.... http://www.thesimpleway.org/. For everyone else, the Simple Way is a community house/ministry in Philly. I learned about it in the book, the Irresistible Revolution, which is quite good. You should read it.



I'm taking a policy and legislation class for my major (social work), and it is surprisingly very interesting so far. I know, policy interesting? My prof also teaches religions classes (and he's a board member for one of our associations at work.. odd..), so he gives that perspective as well. He told us that many social work students come from evangelical christian backgrounds (which they do), and we all know that the majority of christian evangelicals in this country are right wing conservatives. This makes for a lot of conflict once you start to study social work, because most social workers are left wing liberals. I thought it interesting that he's talking about this, because I've been thinking about that a lot lately.

So, I hate the thought of giving the government more control than it already has, however, I think it's the only thing to do. it wasn't supposed to be that way. It's really the church's responsibility to take care of the poor and the oppressed. So the class is totally getting me fired up to go change the world. haha. I know, I can't change the world.. I can try though.

I don't remember what I was going to write about. that's probably good.. that means this is as long as it's going to get. I'm so tired... blehhhh.... ok have a good one...

No comments: