Saturday, March 17, 2007

all that jazz

I'm reading a book by Rick Joyner about a vision he had. It's very interesting. It's a good reminder to me that life is not what I can see.

At what point does individualism become harmful? Is there one? WHy do I think it's a good thing? Culture? It really affects my worldview. (And I'm not entirely sure what it is, I only know it's been affected by our individualistic culture.)

Someone asked me what my worldview is. I didn't know how to answer, and I think it might be a good thing to know, being that it affects every part of my life.

I decided I like Obama, and he scares me. I like him because I really like everything he says (despite some apparent fishing for votes). He scares me because everyone I've talked to about him also really likes him. People aren't supposed to like politicians. This all worries me. If you haven't read his Selma, Alabama speech, you should. It's good.

Are the crunchy cons conservative economically/liberal socially or is it the other way around? I've been reading a "crunchy cons" blog, and I think I like it. I just haven't followed it enough to figure it out.

Did you know that hiking is addicting? It is. I'm sunburned.

Two more days til I go home. Starting to count the hours now. Not really, just feels like it. I just want to rest! There is no peace of mind like home. That's my new saying. Like it?

Almost time for church. I long for this fellowship time. More with God than with the people, although I love the people too. Well... I'm going to drink my chai and visit now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah

{{{hugs}}} We're waiting for ya!