Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Simplicity

I was reading the Celebration of DIscipline the other day while doing laundry, and one of the chapters in the book is on the discipline of simplicity.

I know that simplicity applies to material things, but the author also applies it to lifestyle and the busyness of our minds. So, I decided to try to simplify. I lost the ability to quiet my mind sometime ago, and this is my first goal.

Also, he applied simplicity to our dependencies. ANything that I depend on apart from God should be weeded out. That means this thing here in my lap, so I won't be on as much for a while. Little things first.

I watched a movie last night that was set in Boulder, Colorado and I decided that I need to live there for a month or two. But not this year. Just sometime. (And if I met some incredibly good looking, mountain biking, God-loving guy while I'm there, that'd be alright with me. ;))

No comments: