Tuesday, February 26, 2008

stagflation?

I had my first interview today, with AmeriPsych. It's an independent agency that works with CPS. The job sounds good-- intense, but good. We'll see how it goes....

So my hopes that this recession thing is all media hype are starting to fade. What with churches (I know of 3 at the moment) having to move into schools or close, people losing jobs, developers walking out on major developments, and now the state hiring freeze... I don't know, I guess we'll see what happens.

The latest buzz word is stagflation. I must've heard it 20 times today. And apparently we're not getting the $600 min. stimulus that we were promised, which is ok actually since it wouldn't work and the government's finances are obviously unstable, to say the least. NAFTA is a pretty big deal this week as well, on account of Ohio and their primaries. Some say NAFTA has had a very negative effect on their economy. Others say that the negative effect is from bad decision making by corporate companies like GM, Ford, etc.
(side note: Did you know that all these American companies are sending materials made here to other countries like Mexico to be assembled for much less? But we're not the only ones. Foreign cars are now assembled south of the border as well.)
At any rate this is bad news for Hilary since hubby dearest signed the bill in in 1994. She says she's against it. Facts: both she and Obama have voted FOR all of the free trade legislation that's come their way. Ha. Bunch of politicians.

well, on that note, Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stagflation.....it's not really rolling off my tongue... I doubt I'll use it.

You should come home where it's safe and we don't stress you out with our conversations. lol

Praying about that job for you!

Anonymous said...

So..it's been exactly over month now since you posted anything.

You'll become a hasbeen....eww

Write something, I say!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Vertigo said...

I have really enjoyed your blog! :)