Sunday, February 26, 2006

Acquire the Fire

I went to Acquire the Fire this weekend, and I have to say, I think it's the best one I've been to so far. I'll start at the beginning, *ahem, cough, pause...* 
 We left about an hour later than planned and then there was a wreck or something so there was a lot of traffic (there's a fun story that goes with that too lol, reminiscent of Staza!). Everyone stopped at Anthem for dinner, but me and Bethany took my dad's truck on ahead to get the tickets and try to sell the extras. So we start the truck and it does feel a little wierd, but we thought it was just all the extra weight in the back because all the kids' stuff was back there. After like, shoot I don't know, maybe 15 minutes on the highway a guy pulls up next to us and he's saying smthing and pointing at the wheels of the truck, so we pulled over and looked and there was smoke coming out of the wheel wells (or whatever those things are, you know what I mean). Well, being two girls we had no idea what that meant so we called Brad and found out that the emergency brake was on. yea. (no, there was no little light on the dash, it doesn't work) Poor Beth was stressed out (and I was taking pictures of the sunset....) But it was fine and we drove the rest of the way with no problems. 
 So we get to the coliseum, and we're walking in to get the tickets and this guy stops us to see if we want to buy any of his extras, we said no we actually have to sell 8 of ours too. So we get the tickets and go out to try to sell a few and we're standing kind of by that guy and he's talking to another man. He asks us How many tickets were trying to sell again? We said 8 and the man said great, I'll take all of them. it was the exact number he needed. it was a God thing, no joke. 
 The "theme" of ATF this year was Run to the Battle, and the skit was about these brothers who were christians in the year 2025. The world was basically taken over by the internet or something and they were going to be put on trial for their faith. I think the last skit made the whole weekend. It just struck me. Have you ever heard the truth and been amazed at how real it is? I don't even know how to describe it. It was just a skit, but the guy couldn't have just been acting it was too real. And he was so passionate about sharing Christ with lost people. I guess you had to be there, but I was so... full after that. That's the only word I can think of to describe it. it was one of those things where when we left (we had to leave early :( ) and people started talking about trivial little normal things I felt like saying How can you talk about that stuff right now? Did you not hear that? Of course I didn't say that lol, it was better to be quiet and, sometimes you can't speak. I couldn't. My heart was full. I don't usually buy into all that emotional stuff. I mean Yes God does use your emotions sometimes to draw you closer to Him, but just because you had an emotional experience it doesn't necessarily mean God was in it. It's easy to get caught up in that rather than truly praising God. I'm not saying you can't have both. But this wasn't an "emotional experience", it was pure truth and it was exciting. Maybe because you so often hear christianity watered down and full of excuses to fit in with the political correctness of the day, and this was against that. 
 I also have to say, that the guitar music was AMAZING. I could have listened to that forever. You know when he was almost just messing around on is acoustic, no singing. Yea so that and the last drama were my favorite parts of the weekend. Oh and, lol, it was soo nice down there! I could wear short sleeves outside. Yea I know, it's december and it's wrong for it to be that warm, but I liked it. a lot. 

 So now I'm back in Flag, going back to classes... bethany gets to quit school and it's not fair :P. (yes that was for you roomie, although after that "good morning" nonsense you deserve it :P :P. yea, want me to do it again?? huh? I will, watch me :P.. yea that's right... good morning.. psh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am free to run
I am free to dance
I am free to live for you
I am Free

Through you the blind will see
through you the mute will sing
through you the dead will rise,
through you all hearts will praise through you the darkness flees
through you my heart screams I am free!
haha
" FRIEND OF GOD!"