Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day

Sitting in Macy's, checking email and blogs, drinking Naked juice.. no chai tonight, I just got off work and I'm wired enough..

New Year's in Williams was better than I expected. I had to prepare myself mentally to go there, I always do, but God wanted me to go and I think because I'm still processing through life there. If I don't visit occasionally, it gets pushed to the back of my mind, and even now I really don't have many memories of growing up there.

I thougt that forgetting about it was the answer, I can't separate sad things from good very well, and bad memories always effect the good ones, so I choose not t remember anything at all. That's not the answer. That's part of why I went to Williams for New Year's.

Going into Social Work, or even any field involving people, is hard. People aren't safe, kinda like God, only for different reasons. But pain is good for you, in my opinion. Evading (is that the right word?) pain is very bad. So it's time to stop evading. And that, mother, is why I don't like Williams. Well, not that I don't like it, but why it's a very hard place to be. It forces me to face who I've been, where I've been, and things I've been forgetting.

God has been telling me something, and I think it is that I need to go. So, Europe? maybe. He hasn't gotten that far with me yet. I would so much appreciate you guys (parents) praying about it for me.


We've moved into the other townhouse now, and I like being there :).. It's quite cozy, full of blankets and Julie's collection of things from her many travels round the world. And, we have an oven!!! And carpet :).

Well, here's to a new start, new things to learn, new friends to make, and old friends to love. May it be full of the Lord's movement and may we be part of it!

No comments: