Monday, December 17, 2007

Huckabee.

I got newsweek a few days ago to read up on this Huckabee character. All I knew about him was that he'd been a Baptist pastor and he was republican. I actually figured the second part out on my own. And then I found out he was a moderate, so I decided I needed to know what he was moderate about. I haven't figured that part out yet.

Here's the breakdown. He began his public speaking life as an assistant to a televangelist *cringe*. Then he became a pastor for 19 years, which he says he viewed the entire time as preparation for a career in politics *cringe*. He has had the usual "trouble" with the IRS, yadda yadda.... I do like that he focuses a lot on ridding the country of racial prejudice. I found out nothing of his Iraq status, or healthcare... He is all for the big wall between us and Mexico *cringe once more*...

I just have a big problem with the fact that people use religion to get into office. And we fall for it. I could be wrong... I mean about Huckabee, not about using religion... So I still don't like any of the candidates. At all. Big surprise. Maybe I'll move to Canada :).

My office had its christmas party this weekend (quite the shindig). Several of my coworkers said little things in passing that made me realize how much they respect me, which means a lot. I'm bad a gauging what others think of me, especially since I'm pretty quiet about personal life at work. Unless someone asks. At church yesterday one of the points was that we need often focus more on our environment than on God's heart. Ouch. I may not be where I'd like to be, but that's not the point. I can't have my own plans if I'm going to be where God wants me. I have a picture (ok, a vague one, but it's still there) of what my life should look like, and I have to be okay with it if God has a different picture. *sigh* mine never included offices, but it's not aabout the office. It's about the people I'm around.

Well, speaking of... lunch break is over. And I just found out I have to work monday morning. Trudge on....

2 comments:

crickl said...

LIke.......Monday as in....Christmas EVE?

I think I"m having a fit....

mmichele said...

You already sound Canadian! Come on up.

By the way, anything I've heard about Huckabee creeps me out too... using Chuck Norris for ads about defending the border, etc?

Quarantining people who have HIV?