Sunday, February 03, 2008

scatterbrain

I think this is the first year I haven't watched the Superbowl. I think I'm ok with that.

I did laundry instead. I figured it'd probably be pretty quiet around there. It was. I read East of Eden, or, more of it.

It's been snowing all day, and we're "supposed" to get 2 feet. Anyone in Flagstaff knows you can never trust weather forecasts. I hope they're wrong this time.

I've been reading Walden at work... I need to touch up on transcendentalism, I don't remember much about it. Oh Thoreau...

How am I doing on those scatterbrain points?

Am in the process of looking for another job... and by that I mean that I check the daily online for job postings. I'd like to work at a senior living place or a social work-y type of place, however, I'm finding that those jobs usually require experience and a degree. But, I'd like to know, how do you get experience if all the jobs require that you already have it? And, they don't pay well. That would be fine with me however I need to pay for school and rent. I found out that full time Social workers with a Masters can make up to 30,000 a year.... hmm.... was it George Muller who ran an orphanage and had no source of income? Totally do-able...

So I think if the freaking media would quit scaring everybody half to death about this recession deal, we wouldn't have half as much of a problem. Obviously something is going on, but the media, I think, is making it much much worse than it would've been. Thank you NPR (and I like NPR).

Got to go, stir fry is calling my name :).... blessings.

No comments: